Not recommended for home composting, especially if the pile doesn't get hot enough.
Dog manure may contain harmful bacteria, viruses, and parasites that can cause serious illness if ingested.
These pathogens can survive in compost and be transmitted to humans through the consumption of vegetables or other plants grown in compost that contains dog manure.
In addition, the process of composting may not reach high enough temperatures to effectively kill these pathogens.
Here are other options for managing dog manure, such as disposing of it in the trash or burying it in a designated area away from gardens or other areas where people or animals may come into contact with it.