Tired of foul smells from your compost bin? Get our quick and easy guide to 5 natural odor-fighting recipes.
It is generally not recommended to add moldy cheese to a home composting bin.
Moldy cheese can attract pests and animals and may produce an unpleasant smell as it decomposes.
In addition, moldy cheese can harbor bacteria and other pathogens that can be harmful to humans if they come into contact with the compost.
If you have leftover moldy cheese that you want to dispose of, it is generally better to wrap it in a plastic bag and throw it in the trash, rather than adding it to a home composting bin.